jrnl components to build
This list is built using the hyperGlossary principle, meaning that all the defined terms below are linked to hyperGlossary blog entries. These are all hand-built at the moment but they provide a single link for when we mention any of these terms for linking from any document:
Timeline/Document List View
Article Reading View
- Reading to Cite/Link. The ability of the user to cite by copying information from one article and for the system to carry across relevant contextual information in order to make it quick and easy for the reader to access the source, including high-resolution linking.
jrnl posts: Reading To Cite
- Reading to Annotate. Annotating via highlights of colour or textual meaning for the benefit of the reader or the reader and their peer community.
jrnl posts: Reading To Annotate
- Reading to Comment. Threading of comments so that they can appear under the parent post, via the author etc.
jrnl posts: Commenting
- Authoring Articles. Authoring options are generally outside of the scope of the initial work, though we will use the Liquid | Author macOS word processor for experiments.
jrnl posts: Authoring
- Template Support. Giving the user specific templates to further constrain and clarify special posts, such as meeting Agendas which expand into meeting Minutes at the time of the meeting.
jrnl posts: Templates
- Publishing Options. Usefully tagged and Categorised articles become more findable and useful in the future because there are more dimensions to find them along. Therefore imposing a(optional for Admin to choose to enable) ‘Publish’ screen where the author has to choose the appropriate Category and tags.
This can be a module for Authoring systems to use, including this mockup for Liquid | Author
jrnl posts: Publishing Options