Our meetings will be virtual a in-person and will be to produce our main Projects as well as fostering dialog for other projects where the institute can be a hubb for extended work.
- The Future of Text Symposium (also incorporating the Advisory Board meeting) is hosted annually
- The Advisory Board will meet virtually every six months to review work and discuss the future
- Team Members are expected to take part in most of the weekly calls (Mon-Friday 5-6 UK time with Wednesday's being for updates)
- Contributors are expected to make an effort to take part in the Wednesday Update Calls when they can
- Monthly virtual presentation & meeting slots will be open to a wide variety of specialists to present for 30 mins with 30 mins dialog (1 hour total). It is essential that this is a multidisciplinary effort so we need to make it easy for a diverse range of people to interact with us
- Blogging in some form is encouraged to provide a textual space for discussions where we aim to improve the blogging process and to produce academic journal worthy posts over time. What that will entail will be part of the initial dialog: Journal
[Download iCal For Meeting Schedule]
Virtual meetings can be uncomfortable so effort will be made to provide superior sound and visual experiences to those who join remotely whenever a group meets physically. This means providing 360 live video (to increase meeting immersion, using consumer quality cameras and YouTube broadcasts) and high quality microphones and speakers, as we have experience with and which clearly increases the quality of the interaction.