Because AI queries while writing are likely quite different than when reading, we have added AI to Reader directly.
Goal: Give users the power of AI when reading to help them evaluate & understand the material and how it connects to other knowledge in their field.
User ctrl-clicks on selected text and a new command ‘Ask AI’, menu appears at the very top of the list:
This menu has sub items, as listed here (subject to editing):
- ‘What is this’ (W)
- ‘Show me more examples’ (S)
- ‘What does this relate to’ (R)
- ‘Show me counter examples’ (C)
- ‘Is this correct?’ (I)
- ‘Explain the concept of (E)’
- ‘Create a timeline of this’ (T)
- ‘Discuss the causes and effects of’
- ‘Edit’ (which opens Reader’s Preferences to allow the user to design their own)
The results are shown in a floating window where the query text is shown in a box, as below, and the results below. The text can be interacted with to copy it. To dismiss simply close the window.
Clicking [+] produces this dialog, same as clicking [Edit] for a current command: